Project leaders for Colorado Springs Public Market announced in September that a general agreement had been struck to move into the west side of the old Gazette printing complex at 30 S. Prospect by 2015. Ranch Foods Direct owner Mike Callicrate, who first floated the idea of establishing a public market more than two years ago, said many details are still being finalized. While he said Ranch Foods Direct expects to be an anchor tenant in the new facility, he added that doesn’t necessarily mean the meat plant will leave its current location at 2901 N. El Paso: “Our neighbors love us. They want us to stay.” Stay tuned for more details as the project continues to unfold!
About Ranch Foods Direct
Ranch Foods Direct is a meat packing facility and local farmer’s retail market delivering healthful, high quality, naturally tender meats and foods to consumers direct from the ranch.
Our goal is to foster a business that benefits both ranchers and consumers. Our processing and distribution systems assures incomparable quality, wholesomeness, eating satisfaction, and a mutually rewarding relationship of trust and responsibility between the rancher and you the customer.
Ranch Foods Direct Newsletters 2007-current
- Building Food Security and Resilience in a Food Insecure World
- The Curse of Mankind
- Fantasy Land or Things of Intrinsic Worth?
- Shawn Baker interview with Mike Callicrate – MeatRx Community VIP
- Meatpacker Theft Sets All-time Record – Our Nation’s Food Security is Gone
- National Cattlemen’s Beef Association Continues Demolition of Cattle Industry
- In 2003 we were discussing problems facing cattlemen – What in the heck happened?
- Kroger just announced the end of Hero pay! Who will feed us?
- Seeking Freedom in America – Modern day slaves are denied justice
- Salina Media Connection: Mike Callicrate on COVID-19 and the beef with Food Insecurity – YouTube