Project leaders for Colorado Springs Public Market announced in September that a general agreement had been struck to move into the west side of the old Gazette printing complex at 30 S. Prospect by 2015. Ranch Foods Direct owner Mike Callicrate, who first floated the idea of establishing a public market more than two years ago, said many details are still being finalized. While he said Ranch Foods Direct expects to be an anchor tenant in the new facility, he added that doesn’t necessarily mean the meat plant will leave its current location at 2901 N. El Paso: “Our neighbors love us. They want us to stay.” Stay tuned for more details as the project continues to unfold!
RFD Newsletters 2007-2016
- Propagate: The Economic Reality of Agroecology
- Alan Guebert Keynotes 2014 MOSES Conference
- Normalize from Reality: Musing on the Rural-Urban Political Divide and The Future of Food
- Just Say No to Cell-Cultured Meat
- Pikes Peak Cattlemen’s Association 3-2-19
- Now This: Author Denise Hearn on the Hidden Cause of U.S. Inequality
- USDA Enables Rustlers
- Farmers Should Not be Bamboozled, 1897
- Building a Healthy, Humane, and Fair Food System – December 2018
- Colorado Springs Business Journal: Rancher-retailer has a beef with Big Food
About Ranch Foods Direct
Ranch Foods Direct is a meat packing facility and local farmer’s retail market delivering healthful, high quality, naturally tender meats and foods to consumers direct from the ranch.
Our goal is to foster a business that benefits both ranchers and consumers. Our processing and distribution systems assures incomparable quality, wholesomeness, eating satisfaction, and a mutually rewarding relationship of trust and responsibility between the rancher and you the customer.