Project leaders for Colorado Springs Public Market announced in September that a general agreement had been struck to move into the west side of the old Gazette printing complex at 30 S. Prospect by 2015. Ranch Foods Direct owner Mike Callicrate, who first floated the idea of establishing a public market more than two years ago, said many details are still being finalized. While he said Ranch Foods Direct expects to be an anchor tenant in the new facility, he added that doesn’t necessarily mean the meat plant will leave its current location at 2901 N. El Paso: “Our neighbors love us. They want us to stay.” Stay tuned for more details as the project continues to unfold!
About Ranch Foods Direct
Ranch Foods Direct is a meat packing facility and local farmer’s retail market delivering healthful, high quality, naturally tender meats and foods to consumers direct from the ranch.
Our goal is to foster a business that benefits both ranchers and consumers. Our processing and distribution systems assures incomparable quality, wholesomeness, eating satisfaction, and a mutually rewarding relationship of trust and responsibility between the rancher and you the customer.
Ranch Foods Direct Newsletters 2007-current
- The Kroger and Albertsons merger Is Bad for Cattle Producers
- FARM ACTION FOCUS: THANKS TO USDA, “NO ANTIBIOTICS, EVER” MEAT ACTUALLY MEANS “ANTIBIOTICS, SOMETIMES.”
- Hiring Refugees is What They Do – It’s not out of kindness
- What’s Smart About USDA and the New Climate Grants?
- Better Meat Requires Building Connections With New Food Partners
- Meatpacking Infrastructure of the Future
- The Masters of the Food Universe are Happy to See Us Starve.
- How Farmers Are Getting Shafted By Monopolies – Robert Reich
- Let’s Say Goodbye to Smithfield and the Big Food Cartel
- Salt, Water, and Soil – When it’s gone, they leave