Project leaders for Colorado Springs Public Market announced in September that a general agreement had been struck to move into the west side of the old Gazette printing complex at 30 S. Prospect by 2015. Ranch Foods Direct owner Mike Callicrate, who first floated the idea of establishing a public market more than two years ago, said many details are still being finalized. While he said Ranch Foods Direct expects to be an anchor tenant in the new facility, he added that doesn’t necessarily mean the meat plant will leave its current location at 2901 N. El Paso: “Our neighbors love us. They want us to stay.” Stay tuned for more details as the project continues to unfold!
About Ranch Foods Direct
Ranch Foods Direct is a meat packing facility and local farmer’s retail market delivering healthful, high quality, naturally tender meats and foods to consumers direct from the ranch.
Our goal is to foster a business that benefits both ranchers and consumers. Our processing and distribution systems assures incomparable quality, wholesomeness, eating satisfaction, and a mutually rewarding relationship of trust and responsibility between the rancher and you the customer.
Ranch Foods Direct Newsletters 2007-current
- The fools game of livestock production …
- Catholic Rancher Mike Callicrate: ‘Eating Truly is a Moral Act’
- “It’s Our Last Chance!” See you in Omaha!
- How to Fix the Cattle Market?
- UCCS September 2019 Acres
- Stop the Stealin’! Trump and Perdue, it’s up to you.
- Are U.S. Cattle Prices Dropping to Level of Import Values?
- “There’s an economic term to describe this phenomenon: It’s called stealing.”
- Ten reasons why Tyson may not be sad about the Garden City packing plant fire
- New York Times: Warning of ‘Pig Zero’: One Drugmaker’s Push to Sell More Antibiotics