Project leaders for Colorado Springs Public Market announced in September that a general agreement had been struck to move into the west side of the old Gazette printing complex at 30 S. Prospect by 2015. Ranch Foods Direct owner Mike Callicrate, who first floated the idea of establishing a public market more than two years ago, said many details are still being finalized. While he said Ranch Foods Direct expects to be an anchor tenant in the new facility, he added that doesn’t necessarily mean the meat plant will leave its current location at 2901 N. El Paso: “Our neighbors love us. They want us to stay.” Stay tuned for more details as the project continues to unfold!
About Ranch Foods Direct
Ranch Foods Direct is a meat packing facility and local farmer’s retail market delivering healthful, high quality, naturally tender meats and foods to consumers direct from the ranch.
Our goal is to foster a business that benefits both ranchers and consumers. Our processing and distribution systems assures incomparable quality, wholesomeness, eating satisfaction, and a mutually rewarding relationship of trust and responsibility between the rancher and you the customer.
Ranch Foods Direct Newsletters 2007-current
- What Doesn’t Kill You Podcast – Biden takes aim at Consolidation and Monopolies
- How much income has the cattle producer lost to the meatpacking and Big Food cartel?
- What’s the Beef? How the Beef Packing Cartel Hurts Producers and Consumers and How Independent Cattle Producers and Processors Can Help Restore Competition and Choice
- 1996 South Dakota Governor’s Cattle Conference Fails to Prevent Industry Decline
- The Current State of U.S. Agriculture and Food Infrastructure, and Solutions
- No Competition Can Be Terrifying
- Has NCBA Become a Liability to the Big Meatpackers?
- Dear Secretary Vilsack – We must fix the broken cattle and beef supply chain
- Let’s Meat – Challenges & opportunities in small and mid-scale meat and poultry processing
- A fence can tell you a lot about an outfit.