Renelle Palmer has been hired to manage the Galileo School Garden following Scott Wilson’s retirement this summer. The enthusiasm she has for the position is immediately apparent. “We have a student that moved here from another country, and previously he had never had a peach before. The class came out to the garden one day and we gave him a peach and he bit into it. Even without knowing any English, the look on his face said it all. It was so moving. I’m sometimes asked why I want to do this. The kid’s reaction is why I’m here. We can take the mystery out of where food comes from: it comes from right here, right out of the ground. A green been starts as a flower and then all of a sudden it’s a pod. Every school should have something like this.” Highlights of her first month on the job include using comfrey leaves as a dry mulch to successfully revive an ailing tomato plant and roasting an artichoke she plucked fresh from the garden. As for what’s next, she’s recruiting volunteers and plans to offer community outreach activities in the future.
About Ranch Foods Direct
Ranch Foods Direct is a meat packing facility and local farmer’s retail market delivering healthful, high quality, naturally tender meats and foods to consumers direct from the ranch.
Our goal is to foster a business that benefits both ranchers and consumers. Our processing and distribution systems assures incomparable quality, wholesomeness, eating satisfaction, and a mutually rewarding relationship of trust and responsibility between the rancher and you the customer.
Ranch Foods Direct Newsletters 2007-current
- What is a Living Wage?
- Grassroots cattlemen aren’t smart enough to protect their own livelihood, says NCBA.
- The Four Recommendations of the Federal Trade Commission Regarding the Meat Packing Industry
- Meatpacker Monopoly Sinks Cattle Industry – A Look Back
- LIBERTY FROM ALL MASTERS: The New American Autocracy vs. The Will of the People
- THE RIGHT EDUCATION
- Monopolies Rule! So what’s next for Our Republic?
- Trump is What Happens …
- How Much are the Meatpackers Stealing?
- Rigged Markets, and False Choices