A new book, pictured, helps to explain the brilliance of artisan sourdough breads like those made fresh daily on-site by Shawn Saunders and available in store. Stephen Yafa sifted through all the research he could find on the gluten controversy and came away with a nuanced view. While mega-selling books like Grain Brain and Wheat Belly make wheat the new asbestos, Yafa finds a happy medium whereby a properly made sourdough can be an ideal source of grain-based nutrition. “Fermentation methods and other processing techniques play a vital role in determining whether wheat is healthful or potentially harmful to the 99 percent of us who do not suffer from celiac disease,” he says. “Whole grains that don’t have the bran and germ stripped off to use for animal feed are also part of the answer,” he says.
About Ranch Foods Direct
Ranch Foods Direct is a meat packing facility and local farmer’s retail market delivering healthful, high quality, naturally tender meats and foods to consumers direct from the ranch.
Our goal is to foster a business that benefits both ranchers and consumers. Our processing and distribution systems assures incomparable quality, wholesomeness, eating satisfaction, and a mutually rewarding relationship of trust and responsibility between the rancher and you the customer.
Ranch Foods Direct Newsletters 2007-current
- A fence can tell you a lot about an outfit.
- Montana Farmer’s Union Producer Annual Conference (2021) – Building a profitable and rewarding pathway to the consumer
- Which Shall Rule — Wealth or Man?
- Monopolies Create Hard Times
- The Secret at 1400 Independence Avenue
- Rural Communities Wither and Die as Big Ag Captures Community Built Infrastructure
- A Good Steward A Struggling Farmer Does Not Make
- Why Can’t We Do What Our Great Granddads Did?
- Meat Cartel Threatens Food Security
- Meat Consumption a Century Ago vs. Today – What if?