A new book, pictured, helps to explain the brilliance of artisan sourdough breads like those made fresh daily on-site by Shawn Saunders and available in store. Stephen Yafa sifted through all the research he could find on the gluten controversy and came away with a nuanced view. While mega-selling books like Grain Brain and Wheat Belly make wheat the new asbestos, Yafa finds a happy medium whereby a properly made sourdough can be an ideal source of grain-based nutrition. “Fermentation methods and other processing techniques play a vital role in determining whether wheat is healthful or potentially harmful to the 99 percent of us who do not suffer from celiac disease,” he says. “Whole grains that don’t have the bran and germ stripped off to use for animal feed are also part of the answer,” he says.
About Ranch Foods Direct
Ranch Foods Direct is a meat packing facility and local farmer’s retail market delivering healthful, high quality, naturally tender meats and foods to consumers direct from the ranch.
Our goal is to foster a business that benefits both ranchers and consumers. Our processing and distribution systems assures incomparable quality, wholesomeness, eating satisfaction, and a mutually rewarding relationship of trust and responsibility between the rancher and you the customer.
Ranch Foods Direct Newsletters 2007-current
- Who is Bob Peterson?
- How Cows Can Save The World
- Local/Regional Meat Plants are Failing – Food Security is National Security.
- Imports and deception threaten new local/regional meat plants
- From Great American Prairie to Dried Up Industrial Wasteland
- Only a livestock and soil centered farm bill can repair the damage
- What does the biggest meatpacker in the world have over USDA?
- Twenty-One Years Later Food Fight Continues Over Labeling – How many cows are in one burger?
- Surviving in the land of the giants – A look back
- Celebrating National Pig Day