“It changed my life”
Gazette Food Critic
“It’s like going back in a time machine 30 years.”
“Our Quarter of Callicrate Beef was the most valuable item stolen from our garage”
First Thing I’m Grillin’ … Callicrate Beef!
Ranch Foods Direct is dedicated to principles,
making our world a better place by
offering products imbued with values.
The tag line on the Ranch Foods Direct (RFD) logo is “Good Food That’s Good For You” because the RFD Mission is to build community around local food, promoting a …
- Strong local economy, sourcing products here and returning as much income as possible to producers in southeastern Colorado.
- Good nutrition, purveying products that are fresh, not highly processed or contain chemicals.
- Valued workforce, paying living wages with good working conditions.
- Environmental sustainability, with good stewardship on the land.
- Animal welfare, with humane treatment.
Pasture to Plate
- Good management and humane treatment of our animals reduces stress and prevents disease, making it possible to eliminate sub-therapeutic antibiotics in the feeding program.
- Herds are managed in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- No growth promoting steroids or hormones are used in our feeding program, resulting in more tender and flavorful beef.
- Our cattle are younger than commodity cattle, resulting in more tender beef with less connective tissue, eliminating the mechanical and chemical tenderization necessary with commodity beef.
- A slow, safe processing system that includes complete blood removal improves tenderness, flavor and safety.
- Linking our ranches more directly with our customers minimizes the distance from pasture to plate.
- All of our meat is source verified and labeled as “Born and Raised in the USA.™”
- We age our beef for two to three weeks to achieve optimal tenderness and flavor.
We can improve income at the farm and ranch gate and still keep prices very affordable to consumers. The key is eliminating the cut taken out by big agribusiness corporations, mega-meatpackers and big-box retail stores. So we can pass both the savings – and the quality benefits – on to you.
Connecting consumers with family farmers and ranchers
Every part of our “pasture-to-plate” process is open, from the ranch to Ranch Foods Direct, you are welcome to visit anytime.
Our Pledge, Our Purpose
- We believe food should be good — and good for you.
- We believe food is a sacred gift.
- We believe our health and well-being is best served with whole foods, minimally processed, free of chemicals and artificial preservatives.
- We believe quantity should not come at the expense of quality.
- We believe food, animals and the land should be managed using sustainable, humane practices that promote the long-term health of rural families and communities.
- We believe food should be produced as close to our tables as possible by people who love the soil and care for the land.
- We believe the people who produce our food should earn a just income.
Callicrate Cattle Company
also aspires to standards as high as the quality of Ranch Foods beef and pork – simply the best in the Universe. The tag line on the Callicrate Beef and Pork logos “RESPONSIBLE*RESTORATIVE*REAL” is a commitment to operate in a way that supports specific product claims. Being …
- RESPONSIBLE requires acting as a good steward for the land, and a conscious caretaker for our livestock and our staff.
- RESTORATIVE requires constant steps to assure that we regenerate the land and our community, returning as much value as these resources offer up to us.
- REAL means that we are self-aware, careful to consider the effect of our decisions before we act.
Callicrate beef and pork come from our own ranch, grass fed and grain finished with no antibiotics and no GMOs. Harvested at the ranch to avoid trucking and stress, meat is fabricated in our Colorado Springs food hub – a unique facility that combines meat processing with produce distribution. We welcome visits to the ranch and to the food hub, for every visit offers an opportunity to recommit to our values.
WAGYU NEW YORK STRIP
Was $0.00, NOW $0.00
GROUND ELK PATTIES
Was $0.00, NOW $0.00
BUFFALO STIR FRY
Was $0.00, NOW $0.00
SMOKE PORK HAM STEAK
Was $0.00, NOW $0.00
EXPERIENCE GOOD THINGS FROM RANCH TO RETAIL
The Real way to promote REAL PROTEIN. The national program for U.S. born, raise and processed proteins
“Literally melting in your mouth, accompanied by wonderful waves of sweet beef and butter flavor.”
David Rosengarten, author of the Rosengarten Report
Restoring Beef Quality, Land Health and Rural Vitality. From our high quality grass pastures to our well-balanced natural finishing diets, Callicrate Cattle Co. is dedicated to providing the highest quality of life possible for our animals.
GREAT RANCHES OF THE WEST
“An eye opening and heart touching portrait of a culture and industry that we are in great danger of losing. – Mike Callicrate
America’s farming and ranching communities are the backbone of America. I believe that family farms and ranches, providing good stewardship of our land and livestock, best serve our need for good food and community.
Instead of trucking livestock to processing facilities, mobile processing allows for trailers to travel to livestock. “Providing additional small scale processing with mobile units is an important component in rebuilding local and regional sustainable food systems.”
Food and beverage service and distribution. Peak to Plains Food Distributing is Colorado Springs based food hub, set up to expand local food production by linking southeastern Colorado food producers with eaters.
Holiday Gift Boxes
ORDER PICKUP BY USING FORM BELOW
Please use the below form to email your order into us. Choose Option #1 - or - Option #2 from the options in the photo above.
Please also designate pickup location in your order.
We will reply to confirm your order is received. You will receive an invoice once your box(es) are filled, weighed and ready for pickup - you will pay upon pickup.
Thank you for choosing Ranch Foods Direct for your holiday gift needs.
TOWN CENTER STORE:
4635 Town Center Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80916
Open MON-FRI 8AM-6PM & SAT from 8AM-5PM - CLOSED SUNDAY
1228 E Fillmore St, Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Open MON-FRI 8AM-7PM & SAT from 8AM-6PM - CLOSED SUNDAY
LIST OF CUTS
… to get news, updates and special offers delivered to your inbox.