Jodi Metzger, owner of Brinks Meat Market, 2029 S. Pueblo Blvd (south of downtown, 719-242-1928) now carries Callicrate Beef, individually cut or by the bundle. “I wanted something as local and fresh as possible. My customers can tell the difference. I’m getting a lot of positive feedback,” she says. Fifteen months ago Jodi purchased the market, known locally for specialty items like pinwheels and poppers, beef pot pie and 24 different sausages, all made in-house. She’s part of a revival of interest in old-style neighborhood meat shops: “It seems like more people are searching for that, educating themselves and asking questions about their food. It’s really exciting.”
About Ranch Foods Direct
Ranch Foods Direct is a meat packing facility and local farmer’s retail market delivering healthful, high quality, naturally tender meats and foods to consumers direct from the ranch.
Our goal is to foster a business that benefits both ranchers and consumers. Our processing and distribution systems assures incomparable quality, wholesomeness, eating satisfaction, and a mutually rewarding relationship of trust and responsibility between the rancher and you the customer.
Ranch Foods Direct Newsletters 2007-current
- Building Food Security and Resilience in a Food Insecure World
- The Curse of Mankind
- Fantasy Land or Things of Intrinsic Worth?
- Shawn Baker interview with Mike Callicrate – MeatRx Community VIP
- Meatpacker Theft Sets All-time Record – Our Nation’s Food Security is Gone
- National Cattlemen’s Beef Association Continues Demolition of Cattle Industry
- In 2003 we were discussing problems facing cattlemen – What in the heck happened?
- Kroger just announced the end of Hero pay! Who will feed us?
- Seeking Freedom in America – Modern day slaves are denied justice
- Salina Media Connection: Mike Callicrate on COVID-19 and the beef with Food Insecurity – YouTube