Jodi Metzger, owner of Brinks Meat Market, 2029 S. Pueblo Blvd (south of downtown, 719-242-1928) now carries Callicrate Beef, individually cut or by the bundle. “I wanted something as local and fresh as possible. My customers can tell the difference. I’m getting a lot of positive feedback,” she says. Fifteen months ago Jodi purchased the market, known locally for specialty items like pinwheels and poppers, beef pot pie and 24 different sausages, all made in-house. She’s part of a revival of interest in old-style neighborhood meat shops: “It seems like more people are searching for that, educating themselves and asking questions about their food. It’s really exciting.”
About Ranch Foods Direct
Ranch Foods Direct is a meat packing facility and local farmer’s retail market delivering healthful, high quality, naturally tender meats and foods to consumers direct from the ranch.
Our goal is to foster a business that benefits both ranchers and consumers. Our processing and distribution systems assures incomparable quality, wholesomeness, eating satisfaction, and a mutually rewarding relationship of trust and responsibility between the rancher and you the customer.
Ranch Foods Direct Newsletters 2007-current
- The fools game of livestock production …
- Catholic Rancher Mike Callicrate: ‘Eating Truly is a Moral Act’
- “It’s Our Last Chance!” See you in Omaha!
- How to Fix the Cattle Market?
- UCCS September 2019 Acres
- Stop the Stealin’! Trump and Perdue, it’s up to you.
- Are U.S. Cattle Prices Dropping to Level of Import Values?
- “There’s an economic term to describe this phenomenon: It’s called stealing.”
- Ten reasons why Tyson may not be sad about the Garden City packing plant fire
- New York Times: Warning of ‘Pig Zero’: One Drugmaker’s Push to Sell More Antibiotics