Jodi Metzger, owner of Brinks Meat Market, 2029 S. Pueblo Blvd (south of downtown, 719-242-1928) now carries Callicrate Beef, individually cut or by the bundle. “I wanted something as local and fresh as possible. My customers can tell the difference. I’m getting a lot of positive feedback,” she says. Fifteen months ago Jodi purchased the market, known locally for specialty items like pinwheels and poppers, beef pot pie and 24 different sausages, all made in-house. She’s part of a revival of interest in old-style neighborhood meat shops: “It seems like more people are searching for that, educating themselves and asking questions about their food. It’s really exciting.”
RFD Newsletters 2007-2016
- The Wichita Eagle: Kansas needs solutions that help farmers and keep our water clean
- Axioms, 1906
- Ruminations on Trade and Trade Wars: As of June 1, 2018
- It’s the 199th anniversary of Walt Whitman’s birth
- Vicious Circles – Big meat packers continue to suck the blood out of cattle industry
- News.MikeCallicrate.com: Food monopolies Continue to Plunder and Pillage
- 98.3 KXDJ Radio asks what can the Trump administration do to help agricultural producers?
- Crop Statisticans, 1908
- NY Times: At Hamburger Central, Antibiotics for Cattle That Aren’t Sick
- Two Chief Economic Classes in America, 1906-2018
About Ranch Foods Direct
Ranch Foods Direct is a meat packing facility and local farmer’s retail market delivering healthful, high quality, naturally tender meats and foods to consumers direct from the ranch.
Our goal is to foster a business that benefits both ranchers and consumers. Our processing and distribution systems assures incomparable quality, wholesomeness, eating satisfaction, and a mutually rewarding relationship of trust and responsibility between the rancher and you the customer.