Jodi Metzger, owner of Brinks Meat Market, 2029 S. Pueblo Blvd (south of downtown, 719-242-1928) now carries Callicrate Beef, individually cut or by the bundle. “I wanted something as local and fresh as possible. My customers can tell the difference. I’m getting a lot of positive feedback,” she says. Fifteen months ago Jodi purchased the market, known locally for specialty items like pinwheels and poppers, beef pot pie and 24 different sausages, all made in-house. She’s part of a revival of interest in old-style neighborhood meat shops: “It seems like more people are searching for that, educating themselves and asking questions about their food. It’s really exciting.”
About Ranch Foods Direct
Ranch Foods Direct is a meat packing facility and local farmer’s retail market delivering healthful, high quality, naturally tender meats and foods to consumers direct from the ranch.
Our goal is to foster a business that benefits both ranchers and consumers. Our processing and distribution systems assures incomparable quality, wholesomeness, eating satisfaction, and a mutually rewarding relationship of trust and responsibility between the rancher and you the customer.
Ranch Foods Direct Newsletters 2007-current
No-Bull Food News – NoBull.MikeCallicrate.com
- Only a livestock and soil centered farm bill can repair the damage
- What does the biggest meatpacker in the world have over USDA?
- Twenty-One Years Later Food Fight Continues Over Labeling – How many cows are in one burger?
- Surviving in the land of the giants – A look back
- Celebrating National Pig Day
- How Can Something So Obviously Flawed Still Exist?
- Mandatory Electronic Ear Tags- Again!
- Food System Success or Failure? It’s time to decide
- Cowlandia – The Cattlemen’s Nightmare.
- Failure of Genius – Sharp lessons in the cattle and beef marketplace