Jodi Metzger, owner of Brinks Meat Market, 2029 S. Pueblo Blvd (south of downtown, 719-242-1928) now carries Callicrate Beef, individually cut or by the bundle. “I wanted something as local and fresh as possible. My customers can tell the difference. I’m getting a lot of positive feedback,” she says. Fifteen months ago Jodi purchased the market, known locally for specialty items like pinwheels and poppers, beef pot pie and 24 different sausages, all made in-house. She’s part of a revival of interest in old-style neighborhood meat shops: “It seems like more people are searching for that, educating themselves and asking questions about their food. It’s really exciting.”
About Ranch Foods Direct
Ranch Foods Direct is a meat packing facility and local farmer’s retail market delivering healthful, high quality, naturally tender meats and foods to consumers direct from the ranch.
Our goal is to foster a business that benefits both ranchers and consumers. Our processing and distribution systems assures incomparable quality, wholesomeness, eating satisfaction, and a mutually rewarding relationship of trust and responsibility between the rancher and you the customer.
Ranch Foods Direct Newsletters 2007-current
- Upton Sinclair On the Supreme Court
- Is it Efficiency or Atrocity?
- Who will Justice Amy Coney Barrett Represent?
- THE PEOPLE vs. CONCENTRATED POWER
- What is a Living Wage?
- Grassroots cattlemen aren’t smart enough to protect their own livelihood, says NCBA.
- The Four Recommendations of the Federal Trade Commission Regarding the Meat Packing Industry
- Meatpacker Monopoly Sinks Cattle Industry – A Look Back
- LIBERTY FROM ALL MASTERS: The New American Autocracy vs. The Will of the People
- THE RIGHT EDUCATION