Jodi Metzger, owner of Brinks Meat Market, 2029 S. Pueblo Blvd (south of downtown, 719-242-1928) now carries Callicrate Beef, individually cut or by the bundle. “I wanted something as local and fresh as possible. My customers can tell the difference. I’m getting a lot of positive feedback,” she says. Fifteen months ago Jodi purchased the market, known locally for specialty items like pinwheels and poppers, beef pot pie and 24 different sausages, all made in-house. She’s part of a revival of interest in old-style neighborhood meat shops: “It seems like more people are searching for that, educating themselves and asking questions about their food. It’s really exciting.”
About Ranch Foods Direct
Ranch Foods Direct is a meat packing facility and local farmer’s retail market delivering healthful, high quality, naturally tender meats and foods to consumers direct from the ranch.
Our goal is to foster a business that benefits both ranchers and consumers. Our processing and distribution systems assures incomparable quality, wholesomeness, eating satisfaction, and a mutually rewarding relationship of trust and responsibility between the rancher and you the customer.
Ranch Foods Direct Newsletters 2007-current
- The Ear Tag Boys
- Tyson’s Version of Physical Distancing
- Considering Local vs. Global and National Supply Chains
- Like Obama, The Trump Administration Sides With Powerful Middlemen: The “Drones of the National Beehive.”
- Trump’s USDA Continues to Betray it’s Fundamental Mission
- Shall American Agriculture Be Russianized – We didn’t escape this menace!
- Men Who Lie On Their Bellies
- Concentrated power is still the main problem – Corporations still have a free hand to pillage and plunder!
- Stewards of Our Industry
- An American Crime Family