Bill Rogers, owner of Colorado’s Sweetwater Bison, shown above at upper right, donated a grassfed bison for a fabrication demonstration presented by the Rocky Mountain Institute of Meat during the first-ever Slow Meat conference in Denver. Rogers is among roughly 40 ranchers who get their meat custom-processed at Ranch Foods Direct. One hundred delegates attended the event on behalf of the Slow Food organization, including Ranch Foods Direct owner Mike Callicrate. Organizers plan to hold the conference again in 2015 and open it up to the public, according to Matt Jones, the founder of Slow Food Denver and current board chairperson of Slow Food USA.
About Ranch Foods Direct
Ranch Foods Direct is a meat packing facility and local farmer’s retail market delivering healthful, high quality, naturally tender meats and foods to consumers direct from the ranch.
Our goal is to foster a business that benefits both ranchers and consumers. Our processing and distribution systems assures incomparable quality, wholesomeness, eating satisfaction, and a mutually rewarding relationship of trust and responsibility between the rancher and you the customer.
Ranch Foods Direct Newsletters 2007-current
No-Bull Food News – NoBull.MikeCallicrate.com
- Surviving in the land of the giants – A look back
- Celebrating National Pig Day
- How Can Something So Obviously Flawed Still Exist?
- Mandatory Electronic Ear Tags- Again!
- Food System Success or Failure? It’s time to decide
- Cowlandia – The Cattlemen’s Nightmare.
- Failure of Genius – Sharp lessons in the cattle and beef marketplace
- The Kroger and Albertsons merger Is Bad for Cattle Producers
- FARM ACTION FOCUS: THANKS TO USDA, “NO ANTIBIOTICS, EVER” MEAT ACTUALLY MEANS “ANTIBIOTICS, SOMETIMES.”
- Hiring Refugees is What They Do – It’s not out of kindness