Bill Rogers, owner of Colorado’s Sweetwater Bison, shown above at upper right, donated a grassfed bison for a fabrication demonstration presented by the Rocky Mountain Institute of Meat during the first-ever Slow Meat conference in Denver. Rogers is among roughly 40 ranchers who get their meat custom-processed at Ranch Foods Direct. One hundred delegates attended the event on behalf of the Slow Food organization, including Ranch Foods Direct owner Mike Callicrate. Organizers plan to hold the conference again in 2015 and open it up to the public, according to Matt Jones, the founder of Slow Food Denver and current board chairperson of Slow Food USA.
About Ranch Foods Direct
Ranch Foods Direct is a meat packing facility and local farmer’s retail market delivering healthful, high quality, naturally tender meats and foods to consumers direct from the ranch.
Our goal is to foster a business that benefits both ranchers and consumers. Our processing and distribution systems assures incomparable quality, wholesomeness, eating satisfaction, and a mutually rewarding relationship of trust and responsibility between the rancher and you the customer.
Ranch Foods Direct Newsletters 2007-current
- Who will Justice Amy Coney Barrett Represent?
- THE PEOPLE vs. CONCENTRATED POWER
- What is a Living Wage?
- Grassroots cattlemen aren’t smart enough to protect their own livelihood, says NCBA.
- The Four Recommendations of the Federal Trade Commission Regarding the Meat Packing Industry
- Meatpacker Monopoly Sinks Cattle Industry – A Look Back
- LIBERTY FROM ALL MASTERS: The New American Autocracy vs. The Will of the People
- THE RIGHT EDUCATION
- Monopolies Rule! So what’s next for Our Republic?
- Trump is What Happens …