Bill Rogers, owner of Colorado’s Sweetwater Bison, shown above at upper right, donated a grassfed bison for a fabrication demonstration presented by the Rocky Mountain Institute of Meat during the first-ever Slow Meat conference in Denver. Rogers is among roughly 40 ranchers who get their meat custom-processed at Ranch Foods Direct. One hundred delegates attended the event on behalf of the Slow Food organization, including Ranch Foods Direct owner Mike Callicrate. Organizers plan to hold the conference again in 2015 and open it up to the public, according to Matt Jones, the founder of Slow Food Denver and current board chairperson of Slow Food USA.
About Ranch Foods Direct
Ranch Foods Direct is a meat packing facility and local farmer’s retail market delivering healthful, high quality, naturally tender meats and foods to consumers direct from the ranch.
Our goal is to foster a business that benefits both ranchers and consumers. Our processing and distribution systems assures incomparable quality, wholesomeness, eating satisfaction, and a mutually rewarding relationship of trust and responsibility between the rancher and you the customer.
Ranch Foods Direct Newsletters 2007-current
- Shawn Baker interview with Mike Callicrate – MeatRx Community VIP
- Meatpacker Theft Sets All-time Record – Our Nation’s Food Security is Gone
- National Cattlemen’s Beef Association Continues Demolition of Cattle Industry
- In 2003 we were discussing problems facing cattlemen – What in the heck happened?
- Kroger just announced the end of Hero pay! Who will feed us?
- Seeking Freedom in America – Modern day slaves are denied justice
- Salina Media Connection: Mike Callicrate on COVID-19 and the beef with Food Insecurity – YouTube
- How We Got Here … The food security crisis in America
- What about the PRIME Act? – Emergency Measures to Protect the US Meat Supply During and After the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Testimony of Herman Schumacher, Herried, South Dakota, appearing before the Senate Agriculture Committee, June 10, 1998