Bill Rogers, owner of Colorado’s Sweetwater Bison, shown above at upper right, donated a grassfed bison for a fabrication demonstration presented by the Rocky Mountain Institute of Meat during the first-ever Slow Meat conference in Denver. Rogers is among roughly 40 ranchers who get their meat custom-processed at Ranch Foods Direct. One hundred delegates attended the event on behalf of the Slow Food organization, including Ranch Foods Direct owner Mike Callicrate. Organizers plan to hold the conference again in 2015 and open it up to the public, according to Matt Jones, the founder of Slow Food Denver and current board chairperson of Slow Food USA.
RFD Newsletters 2007-2016
- Non-logic and the NCBA
- It’s Still Called Stealing! – Trump administration continues to ignore the big meat packer cartels plunder and pillage of the livestock industry.
- Ag Secretary Purdue is Putting the Cart before the Horse.
- Catholic Rural Life: Eating is a Moral Act
- The Six Unapproachable Loaves
- Food Sleuth Radio, Mike Callicrate Interview by Melinda Hemmelgarn on PRX
- Where’s the Beef?
- The Neutral, 1931
- To Abandon Our Farms, 1932
- America’s Farmers and Ranchers are Failing – Big corporations will let us starve when our farmers, ranchers and small food companies are gone!
About Ranch Foods Direct
Ranch Foods Direct is a meat packing facility and local farmer’s retail market delivering healthful, high quality, naturally tender meats and foods to consumers direct from the ranch.
Our goal is to foster a business that benefits both ranchers and consumers. Our processing and distribution systems assures incomparable quality, wholesomeness, eating satisfaction, and a mutually rewarding relationship of trust and responsibility between the rancher and you the customer.