beef so good, it’s what we don’t do
Produced by Callicrate Cattle Co.
– Natural, healthy ruminant diet
Slaughtered at Callicrate Cattle Co.
– Humanely slaughtered where cattle are raised
– USDA inspection
– Safe and clean
Processed at Ranch Foods Direct
– Slow, safe and clean processing
– Living wages, experienced cutters, training for new meat cutters
No performance enhancing compounds
No solutions or additives in meat
Highest quality meat
– Angus/Wagyu cattle
Nothing Added – Just Real Meat!
Grocery Store Commodity Beef
Corporate controlled, industrial production
– Feeding diets not natural, and stressful to ruminants
– Externalize costs onto the environment, people, and community
Slaughtered and Processed by multinational meat packers
– Animals may travel long distances from ranch to feedlot slaughter
– High speed, dangerous kill lines
– Low paid, refugee workers
– Unsanitary slaughter practices – Self inspection (HACCP)
Maximum use of performance enhancing compounds
– Including hormones, steroids, beta agonists, sub-therapeutic antibiotics
– Increases weight and lowers cost by $200 per head
– Illegal in Europe
– Reduced tenderness and quality
– Negative impact on disposition and health of animal
Ground beef may include meat from 1,000’s of animals
May be sourced from several foreign countries
May have solution added
– Typically 12% solution added with Modified Atmospheric Packaging (MAP)
– May contain water, beef flavoring, flavor enhancers, preservatives, etc.
May contain Advanced Meat Recovery (AMR)
– Lean Finely Textured Beef (LFTB aka Pink Slime, mechanically separated meat, etc.) may be included at 10% or more in the grind.
May be blade tenderized
– Increased pathogen risk
Pink Slime: Dark Side of Industrial Food System Exposed
by Mike Callicrate, No-Bull Food News, March 28, 2012